Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Hello there! First of all, I'd like to point out that I have a new, secondary blog: Toph's Star Wars Blog. Check it out! (That means that I won't be posting much Star Wars stuff here anymore.)

Today in school we started off by practicing for our "promotion" on Friday, aka graduation. Then the whole middle school went to Dave & Buster's in Providence, Rhode Island. A little while ago we were given the choice of going to either "Good Times" (another arcade place) or Canobie Lake Park. However, Canobie Lake Park was rained out, and thus we all went to Dave & Buster's. It's on the very top floor of this giant mall - which, by the way, happens to have at least a couple dozen escalators. Oh well. It was fun anyway.

We started out with lunch at "DAB," as I'll call it from now on. We were served by a nice guy named Jon. Anyway, after that, we headed out to the arcade portion of DAB. I played Star Wars Racer a few times, some cop-chase thing a few times, a Ferrari racing thing, and maybe something else that I'm forgetting. Unfortunately, at that point my little "credit card" ran out of credits, and I had to stop playing. :(

We also went to DAB earlier in 8th grade, a couple days before winter break started. That day we went to some play -- the one with all the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future -- and then we went to DAB. That time they had another Star Wars game, called -- imaginatively enough -- "Star Wars Arcade." It was lots of fun, and it's too bad they took it away. I complained to the management, but they just said that they rotated games from time to time and that there were still plenty of good ones out there.

I actually still have my DAB credit card from that time around with a few credits left, which I suppose I could have brought this time for a little extra play time. Oh well. Maybe next time! :)

This was the 8th grade's last bus ride together. :( So sad... less than 3 full days of class left! Actually, NO full days left -- Wednesday and Thursday are 2:10 releases (the norm is 3:40), and Friday's a noon dismissal.

On a totally unrelated note, I discovered something REALLY cool in Microsoft Word today. (That program has SO many undiscovered features that 99% of the world never even realize exist.) Go to Tools > Options, then click the Spelling & Grammar tab, then check the "Show readability statistics" checkbox towards the bottom. (Last item under "Grammar" section of the tab; second-to-last checkbox.) Once that's checked, after every session of Spellcheck MS Word will tell you various stats about your document -- number of words, blah-de-blah, and so on. The best stuff is at the bottom. The Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level, for example, predicts what grade-level student should be able to understand the document. Cool, huh!?!?!? I certainly think so. Try getting as high a grade level as possible. My record is 12 -- which, I believe, is the highest possible.

Bed time for me! Good night moon. And good night to you, too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment