Thursday, May 27, 2004

Today in school we had the CSP fair, where people walk around and look at everybody's presentations. It was pretty fun, and I actually learned some stuff. :-)

Afterwards, we had a little post-CSP party with ice cream and so on. While walking back from that, my History teacher, my English teacher and I walked past a sparrow. My English teacher pointed out that it was a baby, and then realized it was injured and its right eye was hurt. She went to my Science teacher and got a box full of little bits of newspaper for it, which we then -- over the next two-three hours or so -- filled with mulch, twigs, leaves and grass to make a nice little nest. We even had a styrofoam cup for it to drink out of! (Although it didn't really want to drink -- or eat, for that matter. We got it to eat, but only a tiny bit of bread. We found plenty of inchworms, but the bird wasn't interested.

One of my classmates, who helped make the next, was planning to bring the bird home and then bring it to the Tufts medical center near her house, where it would be safer. I'm not sure how that ended up -- about ten minutes before school was let out, I had to go to this meeting about redesigning the school's web site, which lasted until about 4:45. I do, however, happen to know that the bird was still safe with my classmate at pickup time.

Earlier tonight, we went to a 7:30 movie with a couple other kids. It had funny parts, but also not-so-funny parts... anyway, I have to go to bed now. Goodnight, everybody!

(By the way, I have tomorrow and Monday off -- four day weekend!!! To top it all off, next week is our last week of school! WAHOO!!! Although, since it's also my last week ever of middle school, it is a bit sad.)

Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment