Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Happy Birthday Toph!

Happy Birthday to me,
Happy Birthday to me,
Happy Birthday to Toph,
Happy Birthday to me!


--------

Woohoo! Today's my birthday! And, in honor of that, I though I'd give a long-overdue update on the state of things.

=====
MOVIES That I've Recently Seen
=====

Flightplan

Flightplan really capitalizes on the current national state of mind, and it ended up as a pretty good, if not spectacular, movie. There are a few very thought-provoking moments, and it sure keeps you guessing.

Well, it kept me guessing, at least. :)

Serenity

The first thing I thought about this movie is, "Wow. That doesn't sound like a sci-fi movie name." I'm suppose I'm used to something as blunt as "Star Wars." :)

Speaking of which, Serenity has a number of sequences that appear to be largely inspired by SW, and it has a similar overall feel, albeit with some very, very brief moments that lean more towards the "horror" genre. A few things for SW fans to look out for:

  • Serenity itself is very Millenium Falcon-esque, and the captain is very Solo-esque.
  • Space sequences seem very reminiscent of the Episode III space battle...
    ...especially the end.
  • Highly recommended for any sci-fi fan.

In Her Shoes

This isn't typically the kind of movie I would go to. Quite the opposite, in fact. And I won't waste too much time describing it, aside from saying that it does a pretty good job of what it's meant to do.

Elizabethtown

Again, I probably wouldn't see this normally. But I did like it. It's awfully reminiscent of Garden State in a number of ways, while remaining unique and funny. And an excuse for popcorn is always enjoyable. :)

======
WEBSITE Version 5.0 on its way
======

As I've said before, I'm somewhat dissatisfied with version 4.0 of my web site (which I haven't even completed, by the way). So I'm abandoning it. It didn't really accomplish the task at hand -- that is, to clean up and organize the site -- and I don't quite like the design, although I do think it's an improvement in many ways.

Just like the early stages of version 4.o, expect 5.0 to come in bits, starting with the mere skeleton of a site and then building up to its v.3 glory and beyond.

--------

I must be off now, so fare thee well. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much, uh, "Rod" and Anonymous, but really, I'm fine thanks...

    And, you know, this isn't exactly a high-traffic site, so I doubt you'll get too much good advertising, and I don't think links in blog comments count towards PageRank any more. But, whatever, I'll leave your posts here for anyone who might need, um, hypertension remedies or "ultimate hair hair prom style."

    ReplyDelete