Tuesday, January 25, 2005

School & Snow

Despite rampant AIM-based speculation to the contrary, we did have school today. Oh well. Yesterday's snow day was very enjoyable -- my younger brother's friend came over and we played videogames (Halo 2 & Mercenaries) and went sledding.

Almost the entire time they were sledding, I was working on a little base camp at the top of the hill (so would it be a... umm... summit camp?). I flattened out a pretty big area -- plenty of room for the three enough, with plenty of room for a couple more. The flattening was crucial -- there was so much so it was next to impossible to walk otherwise. I then created custom-made spots for out tubes. I also defined the top of our run, complete with a queue area. I also made an elevated flattened area -- the "Snow City Cafe." There I had three little bowl-shaped indents in the snow for eating our M&Ms out of. :-)

Videogaming was also, of course, plenty of fun. I had one particularly great solo game (meaning my brother & his friend were doing something else) of Team Fiesta on Beaver Creek. I ended up winning the game for our team with 20 kills. At the end, I was doing really well with a rocket launcher -- I was so proud of myself. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:59 PM

    Speaking of snow . . . the Island is quite fabulous in snow. Cross-country skiing around the paths is something to remember. It can be cold as hell, but to see the lake in the snow, the quiet - where in summer the place is filled with life - is quite a contrast. The snow drifts easily up over the porch of the Main Lodge. A Taconnet fan, should see it in the snow. Toph's Awesome Blog is a kick, way to go and keep it up. Great pictures of camp in summer, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Anonymous... but who are you? Can I at least have a hint? ;-)

    ReplyDelete